Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Party...Wedding Party That Is!

So I've been blogging about the wedding for some time now and I think it's time to share our wedding party with you! I hope you enjoy a small glimpse into why we've selected these very few but ultra special people to share our special day with us!

Let's start with the man that will be making it all legal...our Pastor:
Leonce B. Crump, Jr. is my former pastor and mentor. He is such an amazing man! He has blessed not only me, but also my mom and brother with unconditional love, encouragement, wisdom, truth, friendship, support and so much more. Rather than my Pastor, he's like the older brother I never had. I am so incredibly thankful that the Lord brought him, his beautiful wife Breanna, their precious daughter Eden and soon to be baby #2 (due in November) into our lives. I cannot imagine my life without their love and support! Leonce and Breanna now reside in Atlanta after a move last September. It was incredibly hard to see them go because they are truly more like family members. However, I know they are there to further the Lord's Kingdom! I can honestly say that there is no one else I can see marrying us.

Leonce, Breanna and Eden 9/08

Maid of Honor:
Lindsey and I have been friends for over 10 years now. We were both home schooled and attended the same Co-op classes until she went to public school for high school. Lindsey is truly the sister I never had. We have cried, laughed, and fought together. We spent a week in Cancun together...that was so amazing! I know I can count on her for love, support and encouragement whenever I need it and she can count on the same things from me. She now lives almost 400 miles away with her husband Jeremy. Even though the miles separate us, our friendship continues to grow and we try our best to talk as often as possible. I cannot imagine having anyone else be my Maid of Honor!

Lindsey & me at her wedding. 1/5/08

Bridesmaid:
Javiera (Javi to those close to her) and I have known each other for about 10 years. Growing up, we attended the same church and became fast friends. However, when her family left the church we lost touch for over 4 years. Thankfully, we got back in touch a number of years ago and were able to pick things up as if we'd never been apart. Now a days, we try and get together for dinner once a week for some quality girl time. I'm so thankful she's agreed to be my bridesmaid!

Javi & me at her wedding. 12/2/06

Flower Girls:
Eden Marie is the beautiful daughter of Leonce and Breanna. She is so gorgeous, smart and funny! I miss not seeing her (and her parents) every week. She has grown so much since they moved in September! She will turn two years old come October....hard to believe! I cannot wait to have this precious little girl in our wedding! I foresee many adorable pictures featuring Miss. Eden!
Me & Eden 9/08

Maggie Anne is the oh so adorable daughter of John and Ashley, she is also Charles Goddaughter. She is so full of life and is a joy to be around. She is so smart and is such a ham for attention! She is a 30 year old woman locked in a toddlers body! I also see tons of cute pictures of Miss. Maggie from the wedding!

Maggie Anne...driving with attitude already!

Best Man:
John would undoubtedly be my longest friend. I have known him since I first moved to Tennessee in 1998. We went to school and church together. Over time, we became more like brothers instead of just friends. I would consider John the brother I never had. Several years ago, John married Ashley and they had a beautiful little girl, Maggie. Shortly before Maggie was born, John and Ashley asked me if I would be Maggie’s Godfather and I gladly accepted. Early in 2007, John, Ashley and Maggie moved to Valdosta, Georgia. Although they are nearly 500 miles away, I try to visit them at least twice a year. (Written by Charles.)

John & his beautiful wife Ashley.

Groomsman:
Chris has been my other close friend. We met in 2001 at Camp Smoky located just outside of Gatlinburg. Chris is not only an amazing friend, but a humongous Christian influence in my life. Whenever either of us are struggling, the other quickly helps his friend out. A few years ago, Chris married his now wife Amber. They currently live in Knoxville, TN. (Written by Charles.)

Chris & his beautiful wife Amber at their wedding.

So there you have it, our wedding party! Small but oh so special to us both! Neither of us wanted tons of attendants and I'm so glad things worked out this way!

As you can see, we have no ring bearers. While it's cute to have little boys in little suits, I decided against it...for a few reasons. 1)The more children in the wedding, the more chances for problems during the ceremony. 2)Neither of us have any little men in our lives who would be the right age (around the age of the flower girls). 3)I've never really understood having a ring bearer. No one I know (including myself) would ever actually put the real rings on the pillow and give them to a young child! So that leaves the poor boy to be uncomfortable in his cute little suit and bored out of his mind. (All photos are from our personal collections.)

How many attendants are you having? Do you wish you had more attendants or fewer attendants?

1 comment:

  1. It's so awesome to have people you love so much and who love you!! :o)

    ReplyDelete