Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Miscellaneous Stuff

This is going to be a random post. I've mentioned a few things here and there in previous posts and I'm finally able to update you on some of them!

Thanks to my dear friend Patti, we were able to get the socks I wanted for the guys! She was kind enough to go the mall in Knoxville and get them for me. I don't think the picture on the BR website does them justice though.
(Source: yours truly)

I scored these baskets at Michale's for an amazing $7.99! They were originally priced at $29.99 but the largest basket was damaged so they were marked down. I couldn't have bought the smallest basket for the price I paid for all three of them. The damage on the large basket (not pictured) can easily be covered with some ribbon and no one would ever know. We'll need baskets for all kinds of things...napkins, forks, bubbles, ceremony programs, etc. so I'll have no problem putting them to good use. And after the wedding we'd be able to use them as well!
(Source: yours truly)

As I talked about here, instead of having a unity candle ceremony we are having a unity sand ceremony. There's all kinds of unity sand sets out there that you can purchase but they come with an outrageous price tag (for what you get) and I don't care for any of them. When I stumbled upon a picture of an apothecary jar and cruets used for the sand ceremony I knew I wanted to somehow replicate that look. I found our pouring vases at Michael's some time ago for $2.99 each. Then my search for an apothecary jar began. I finally found one at Michael's several weeks ago for $14.99. I love how they look together! My sand is purple sand (from Michael's) and Charles will be using white sand that I collected from a beach in Hilton Head Island, SC. back in March while I was on vacation.
(Source: yours truly)

Remember one of my more recent posts where I talked about the silver heart boxes I got for our flower girls? I mentioned that I wanted to either make or purchase bracelets or necklaces for them so I could put them in the hearts. Well, over the weekend when I was out shopping with Charles I found the perfect thing. JcPenny was having a 50% off sale on all their costume jewelry. I was on the search for some earrings to go with a new outfit when I came across these:
(Source: yours truly)
Unfortunately I didn't realize the picture was blurry until after I got it on my computer. So sorry about that! Are they not adorable? They were originally $12.00 each but I got both of them for that price since they were 50% off.

Also in this post I mentioned that the flower girls would have a headpiece/wreath to wear. My mom has been working on them and here is a sneak peak at one in the process of being made. More on these when they are complete.
(Source: yours truly)

And to finish off this post I will leave you with a sneak peak at one of the bouquets for my maid of honor and bridesmaid. Mom hopes to complete them this week sometime and whenever they're done I'll post more about them.
(Source: yours truly)

Up next: Changes to my accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment