Sunday, April 19, 2009

Well, It's Official!

(Source: yours truly)

I’M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happened Thursday night around 10:45. Charles came by my house after he got off work. I didn’t know it was him though at first. Our dogs started barking like crazy as if someone was here but my mom kept telling me no one was. I wasn’t all that worried about it though because I was busy rolling up the silverware for my brother’s rehearsal dinner for Friday night. Next thing I know the door bell rings. When mom didn’t make a move to go see who it was I had a really strong feeling it was him.

We said hi and hugged and kissed and I asked him what he was doing at the house. He said he had something to show me on his computer. It was a slide show movie that he had put together with pictures of us throughout our relationship, including our first date. It also included slides that said I would be getting dinner at Olive Garden, bowling at the Community Center and a trip to the Wax Museum in Gatlinburg (a recreation of our first date). At the end some slides came up that said “will you marry me?”, he got down on one knee and pulled out my ring. OMG I was freaking out inside because it was so beautiful. Of course I said yes…..duh! lol

My hope for a date was the 8th of May, 2010. However I realized that's the weekend of Mother's Day so I'm hoping for the 1st now. But it’s going to depend on the availability of the photographer I’m wanting to use. He is available for the 8th and I sent him another e-mail asking him about the 1st today and hope to hear back from him soon. Be sure to check out their INCREDIBLE work at www.hope-photo.com.

So now I can finally start sharing all my ideas and DIY projects for my wedding! But where oh where to start???? lol If you've read my blog before you know I've already found my dress and expect it to be in sometime in late June or early July. I already have my veil as well. I've removed all my previous posts so I could start from the beginning. And I've had to take the pictures of me in my dress off as well because this will now be a public blog and I don't want Charles to see the pics. So those of you that saw the pictures you're lucky because I won't be posting them again.

Anyways, that's it for right now. Stay tuned for pictures of my engagement ring and so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment