Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Dress

For those who couldn't check out my blog while it was still private I feel I should let you in on some of the details of my dress. I will not however be posting any pictures of it or of me in it on this blog. I know without a doubt that my Mr. would look and I can't go and have him see me in my dress now can I!

Years ago (way before I met my Mr.) I somehow discover Maggie Sottero and her incredible wedding dress designs. I loved so many of her dresses. The attention to detail was just incredible. So from that moment on, I knew I wanted a Maggie dress.

And a Maggie dress I got! I was soo excited! I had a very good idea of what I wanted in a dress and let me tell you that is a HUGE help not only to you but to your consultant as well. Before you go in looking for a dress, do your research and know at least some of what you want. I had been eying a few dresses from her website and had those in mind to try on. I was however really surprised and disappointed that the dresses they had in specifically for the trunk show were a size 6. For real? I mean come on now. To me it seems like a bigger size would be better for the one and only sample. Smaller girls can be "clipped" into the dress bigger girls are just out of luck. So a number of the dresses I would have liked to try on I couldn't. You see, I am NO size 6 or ever close to a size six. I've got curves baby! lol

I think I tried on a total of like 6 or 7 dresses. Not too many in my opinion. The first one I tried on is ultimately the one I bought. I wasn't too sure about it at first I mean I liked it but I just wasn't head over heels for it. However, I liked it enough to keep in the "try again" pile. I tried on the other dresses and found one that I really loved and even though it was "the one" at first. But I still had the first dress to try on again. After I put it on for the second time and went out to the big mirrors I fell in love. It was wayyy more flattering than the other dress was. The longer I had it on the more I loved it and the more I didn't want to take it off! lol It has everything I've ever wanted in a wedding dress; all over lace, embroidery, beading, crystals and a corset back. It's a strapless dress which I had originally wanted to stay away from but after trying on a number of neckline styles, strapless looked the best on me.

Here's the description of my dress from the website: "One-piece, strapless semi-fitted A-line corset back gown. Romantic lace over satin gown featuring a gentle side pleated detailing. The skirt lace overlay falls in a delicate circular shape providing fullness at the hem." Let me tell you, that description doesn't begin to do it justice! The color is called Ivory/Pewter (which looked better with my skin tone than white). The Pewter color is found on the detailed embroidery and is a silver metallic thread. Here are two teaser pictures of my dress. The first one shows the all over lace detail and the second shows the beading work and embroidery. I don't think they'll give away too much if my Mr. happens upon this blog. You'll have to wait for the full pictures till after the wedding! :)
(Source: yours truly)

Sorry the pics are a bit on the poor quality side, I was in a rush to take them. Click on the pics above for a larger image.

Did you find the dress of your dreams the first time you went to try dresses on or did it take several times before you found "the one"?

No comments:

Post a Comment