Monday, May 4, 2009

Where Do I Start?

I have sooo much to post about that I'm not even sure where to start! lol I don't want to overload you guys but you have to understand that I've had tons of ideas stuck in my head and now they can finally come out! I guess this will be a kind of random post so just hang in there. :)

Over the weekend, I was finally able to get the supplies I needed to be able to make my DIY Light Box. It was really easy to make and as a result, I've got tons of pictures to share with you. If you're interested in making a DIY Light Box just check out this tutorial. The only thing I did differently was use a hot glue gun to glue the interfacing fabric to the box so I wouldn't have to worry about it sliding off. I highly recommend doing that if you decide to make a light box and use if often.

So now on to the pictures!

As promised in More Purple and More Sparkles, I have some more pictures of the brooch I will be using on my bouquet.
(Source: yours truly)

Next I'll be showing off the gorgeous earrings I found when I got my dress! I absolutely love them and cannot wait to wear them!
(Source: yours truly)

Next up...my bubbles! I found these at Michael's back in March while I was on vacation with mom and snatched them up! I bought 6 tubs of 36 wands for a total of 216 bubble wands. I also bought some purple ribbon to tie around the tops of the wands to give them a personalized look and to incorporate my main color. No, I wasn't engaged yet when I got these but I'm really glad I bought them when I did. They seem to be really popular and Michael's has trouble keeping them in stock in large quantities. While on vacation enjoying doing nothing much but going to the beach and relaxing, I went ahead and put the ribbon on all 216 wands! That was awesome because I was able to get that DIY project out of the way so I won't have to worry about it now!

Why I want bubbles instead of rose petals, rice, confetti, sparklers, etc...because you get pictures like this one!
(Source)
What the bubbles look like when you buy them:
(Source)
And what my bubbles look like now that I'm done with them:
(Source: yours truly)
I found the wands looked nicer with the ribbon around the base of the "love knot" instead of through the "love knot". I simply wrapped the ribbon around the base of the love knot and double knotted it once. I didn't think it was necessary to knot it twice as I believe once will hold just fine. I love how they turned out!

Ok, I think that's it for this post.

Are you using bubbles, sparklers, rice, birdseed, confetti or something else for your send off?

Up next: I'll give you a look at what I'm thinking of as far as the guys attire is concerned.

2 comments:

  1. My sister used bubbles at her wedding, and the only problem was that nobody started blowing them until she and her groom came out the door, and the two of them had pretty much already run past everyone before the bubbles floated that way.

    Either make sure you take your time walking past everyone, or have them start blowing early.

    Another suggestion might be a bubble machine behind the scenes somewhere, just for extra bubbles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother and now SIL had bubbles at their wedding and it worked out fine. Most people (or at least all of her guests) knew to start blowing as soon as the bride and groom began walking, even if they aren't near them yet. And people were even blowing bubbles after they got in their get a way car. I think my family and friends will do just fine! But I can totally see how it could be a problem.

    ReplyDelete