Friday, January 29, 2010

Something Blue

My something blue....
(Source: yours truly)

It's a blue topaz emerald cut stone set in a simple yet elegant sterling silver band and it is simply stunning! When I saw the stone alone months ago, I commented to my mom that I would love to borrow it for my something blue. At that time, it was just a lose stone and wasn't set in any way. For Christmas, mom surprised me with this beautiful ring and I cannot wait to wear it come May 1st! I'm hoping to start a new tradition and will pass this on to my daughter (should I be so blessed to have one) when she is getting married and hope that the tradition will continue for generations.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It's so pretty. I also want to wear a right-hand ring as my something blue. I have hinted to my fiance that I would really love an aquamarine cushion-cut ring, since it is my birthstone... but we'll see if he remembers. If not, I'll probably wear a small a small blue crystal pin in my hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea to pass it down, very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete