Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our First Christmas

We were so excited to celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple and really enjoyed our time together starting what will be our family traditions. Here are a few pictures...
Our stockings were hung on the wall with care. Oh how we wish we had a fireplace!
And the gifts were all under the tree waiting to be opened.
How cool is it that our first Christmas was a WHITE Christmas!? We loved it and when all was said and done, we had 10" of snow! It was beautiful!!
The spread!

So a little info about our Christmas traditions...
Charles's family didn't have any traditions when it came to Christmas so we adopted a lot of traditions that my family had in place ever since I can remember. They are things I've always loved and I can't wait to share them with our children when that day comes.

- Christmas Eve growing up and all through the years, my brother and I were allowed to each open one gift...Charles and I continued this tradition as well and will when we have kids.
- Another tradition from my family: Christmas morning while breakfast is cooking, we open our stockings. Then when breakfast is done and the stockings are open we eat breakfast.
- Next we open the presents under the tree.
- For lunch and dinner Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I will not cook (just as my mom never did). I do not want to be in the kitchen away from my family during such a special time. So instead we have snack foods that can stay out all day long and when someone is hungry they can go help themselves.

The other tradition that we will have once we have kids is that on Christmas Eve once the kids are asleep in their beds we will place on gift at the foot of their bed that they can open immediately when they wake up in the morning.

The other thing Charles will do is sign the letter the kids leave for Santa with the cookies and milk. He will sign it "S.Claus" in red ink.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of the snow! And the tree was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete