Monday, March 29, 2010

A Tip From One Bride To Another

Listen up ladies!! If you're still in the early planning stages and haven't mailed out your invitations, this post is for YOU! I have lots of things I want to share with you but I feel this is something I really NEED to share with you.

Once upon a time, I came across some invaluable information from one of the many wedding blogs I was following early on in my planning. I can't remember where I saw it but let me assure you, you're going to want to do this too!

When it comes time to assemble your invitations. Please, please to save yourself lots of headaches take the time to create an excel spreadsheet with all your guests information. Then create a column and assign each invitation a number. Then place the corresponding number for that guest on the back of their rsvp card. It's time consuming and you have to be careful not to mix up the rsvp cards with the incorrect invitation (envelope really since that's what has the guests name on it).

Chances are, they won't even notice the number but this comes in VERY handy when you start getting rsvp cards and no one filled out the name line!!! This has already saved me twice so far and I'm sure more no name rsvp cards will come!

I hope I explained this ok, if you have questions let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a bummer. Thankfully, I only had one invite come back without a name and it was from my grandparents and she wrote a note on it mentioning 'Grandpa' so I figured out who it was :) The one RSVP that I couldn't read the name on, I happened to guess correctly and called to confirm right when I received it. I have heard numbering the RSVP's is a great idea :)

    You are so close now...only 3 more weeks! I am just 8 days away now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use invisible ink and no one will know!

    ReplyDelete