Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eek!!



I cannot believe it's been a month since I've made a post. I am SO sorry ladies! The time has just gotten away from me. I am going to try my hardest to begin to post more often.

A few things you should know...

-We are coming up on our ONE YEAR anniversary and I simply can't get over how this first year of marriage has gone! What a blessing it has been for us. We are so excited to see what else the Lord has in store for us as we continue on in our journey!

-We won the vacation contest we were in!!! Thank you so very much to those of you who voted for us, we couldn't have done it without you! Because of this amazing contest, we will be able to spend our one year anniversary in Hilton Head Island, SC! This is such a blessing for us and we are so excited to get to go back to where we spent our first week as husband and wife!

-While I have been absent from posting I have been very busy here at home and of course with work as well. Here are a few of the things I've been working on lately....

Solar landscape lights my mother-in-law gave us. The left hand side are the before shots. The left are the after. They were spray painted with silver paint and then I put a clear coat on them for protection. Now they look new and they look great along the sidewalk to the front door!
My flower bed! I absolutely LOVE gardening!! And when Home Depot had a huge sale on their summer annuals I knew I had to get some. The large pink plant on the left is a candy stripe creeping phlox and it was planted last year and has more than tripled in size! Besides the Phlox, there are Petunias, Violas, a yellow Gerbera Daisy, Dianthus, Celosia, and two different varieties of Hosta.
Charles also picked out this beautiful Dwarf Rhododendron and he also picked out a Cherry Tomato plant so we are hoping that does well so we have them to snack on this summer!

I designed this mosaic stained glass table top, cut the pieces to fit, glued them down and then grouted it!

I've been enjoying spending time with my niece Daisy when I am able to...love her tons!!

And this beauty has adopted us and we are trying to find him/her a home as we cannot afford to have a pet right now. One of Charles's co-workers is considering taking "kitty" (my name for him/her).

So that's a quick look at what I've been up to lately and so much more! I'll restart the wedding recaps in a few days so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning the contest; ive been to Hilton Head Island before and loved it.

    This year has gone so fast; we just celebrated our first anniversary in Vienna and i could not believe it had been a year!

    ReplyDelete